Sunday 25 December 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

I'm totally raving about this book! Now, I'm not into chicklits, and I resolved never to review one on this site, but I'm ignoring that little technicality right now. I won't go into too much plot summary right now, but basically Nora meets a guy called Patch in her bio class. They hit it off (like really hit it off) and begin to love each other. But he's full of secrets and definitely has something going on beneath the surface. And then there's this guy called Elliot, who may or may not be a murderer, but Nora's best friend Vee certainly has a something-something for him. And finally, there's definitely someone that's out to get Nora- people close to her are mysteriously getting attacked.

I got through this book in a day because I just couldn't put it down. It combines the suspense of a crime novel with the romance of, well, a chicklit. The dialogue is so amazing, both in the sometimes innuendo-charged dialogue between Nora and Vee and the snappy, witty exchanges with Patch. Now there's a couple I'm actually interested in hearing about! Some parts of this book are downright scary- the last little bit, for example. I regret reading that late at night!

This is a fast-paced, fun read, with probably no literary merit or discussion opportunities. (Unless you want to discuss the merits of Patch, which believe me...).

In other words, go read it!

If you loved this book, you'll like:

Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr  
Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray

No comments:

Post a Comment